GHIA-FOUNDATION LONG-TERM GOALS
GHIA-Foundation will support selected developing countries to deliver quality essential health package including cervical and breast cancer screening and treatment, within a strengthened health system using the maternal health platform as an entry point.
In countries where we work, we will support national governments to:
- Raise public awareness and increase visibility of women’s health;
- Build midwifery capacity to reduce deaths from maternal conditions by 5% annually;
- Reduce deaths from cervical cancer by promoting prevention, early detection, screening and treatment;
- Increase capacity of health workers and empower them to screen for and treat cervical pre-cancer through training and equipment;
- Increase capacity of health workers for clinical breast examination and empower them to promptly refer women with abnormalities;
- Promote public-private partnerships between national governments and in-country stakeholders to strengthen health systems in support of women’s health;
- Increase adoption of innovative strategies and technologies including for maternal health, family planning, breast and cervical cancer for improved women’s health.